There are Many devices that will not be receiving the Official Jelly Bean Update due to they lack in the Hardware Configuration. Sony has separated itself from the Ericsson so may be it be the cause of not providing the Jelly Bean Update for the Old Models.
But there is no need to worry as the Developers at various forums are at Work. The will continue to come with New Updates of the Android. As these Updates are locally Patched so some of the features will not work but they will soon be covered in the Final Firmware.
Sony Users can easily Install the 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on their Xperia Lve Walkman WT19I Android Series. As this is not the official Firmware so you need to the Super User Enabled Mode or the ClockMode Recovery Option to Install this ROM.
Disclaimer Pop: All the tools, MOD’s or ROM’s described below belong to their respected owners/developers. We (trickytweaks.com) are just representing the method in a Pre-described and in a Better way so that you can Integrate this Update Method in your device easily. We are not forcing you to do this.
Lets Know What Is Not Working:
- Notification Toggling is Giving Error
- Application ask for the Force Close (sometime)
- LED will remain alive (10 out 0f 50 times)
- Camera Not Working
- WI-Fi reconnects every time
- Profile Customizing is Giving Error
How to Install this Custom ROM Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Build 1 on Sony Ericsson Xperia Live Walkman
- Before Installing this Custom ROM, it is strictly advised to make the Backup of your Phone’s Data. Just Pop-out the Micro-SD card and Install a fresh card. This is Just the Precautionary Step, if you don’t have the Other Micro SD card then you can use the currently Installed one.
Do make sure you have the Correct drivers Installed of the Sony Experia Download It.
OK step from drivers. make sure you have the USB debugging enabled.
- OK now make sure that your phone is fully charged. and do Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Xperia and make connect it with the computer.How to Check Android Battery Percentage
- After checking the Battery Status, the next Step is Make The Data Backup of the Device
- Backup your Messages . Know How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail an Google. Know How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup The Call Log Details Know How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. Know How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- You need to enable the USB Debugging Mode and this can be done by
- Scroll down and tap “Developer options”.
- Now check “USB debugging” from there
OK The above mentioned steps are the precautionary Steps, to keep yourself on the Safe Side, if in a case you lost your data then it Can be easily restored it.
- Make sure you have ClockWord Mode Recovery Installed.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
- Download CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Download the Google Apps package. This will install apps like Play Store, Gmail, etc. which are not present in the ROM by default.
Download Gapps | Alternate Link | File-name: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
- Connect AND mount your Xperia Live Walkman USB memory on your computer using the USB DATA CABLE
- Copy the Downloaded file *.zip in the root of your Micro-SD card and the Google Play Files.
- Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. Know How?
- This can be done by Pressing and holding the Volume Down and then press the Power button repeatedly until you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
- For ease of Installation, select the wipe/factory data Reset
- Then, execute the listed Steps :
- Select install *.zip from SD-Card, then select choose zip from SD-Card. Navigate to Android 4.1.1 CyanogenMod ROM.zip you want to Install. Confirm installation by selecting Yes.
- After successful Installation of the ROM, select choose zip from SD-Card again, then select the gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file to install the Google Application package.
- After Google Application installation is complete, go back to the main recovery menu, select advanced, then select Fix permissions.
- Then, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into cm10 Jelly Bean ROM. The first boot can take up to 5 minutes.
That’s all Your Xperia Live Walkman have been Upgraded to the Android 4.1.1 CM10 firmware installed. Just Navigate to Settings >About phone to verify the Currently Installed on the phone.
NOTE: As this is the not official Firmware and has limited Functionality but being on the safe side to make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware.
For Original Thread Do follow this Link.