Disclaimer Pop: All the tools, MOD’s or ROM’s described below belong to their respected owners/developers. We (trickytweaks.com) are just representing the method in a Pre-described and in a Better way so that you can Integrate this Update Method in your device easily. We are not forcing you to do this.
Before Flashing this Custom Firmware. Do Make the Proper Backup of the Data.
- TAB 7.7 P6800 Mobile Handset. Do not try on the Other Variants of Verizon and Sprint.
- USB Cable
- Do Make Sure you have the Drivers Download It or Samsung Kies
- You need to enable the USB Debugging Mode and this can be done by
- Scroll down and tap “Developer options”.
- Now check “USB debugging” from there
Download the Firmware :
Points to Remember :
- Before flashing you Must Backup all of your Data, Check this Android Backup Guide
- This Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is only for Tab 7.7 and do not try on the other Variants of the Tab 7.7. There is a separate ROM for each device.
- It will Wipe all the data, so proceed at your Own RISK or make the Proper Backup.
- Its Always recommended to make a Nandroid Backup, Its the Precautionary Step and Must be followed.
- Samsung Kies will not detect the phone as this is the UN-Official Firmware.
- You Must have the ClockworkMod recovery Installed
How to Install 4.1.2 Update on Tab 7.7 P6800 JZO54K Firmware :
- Download Paranoid Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM to your Local P.
- Now download the Download Google Apps
- Connect Tab 7.7 P6800 USB (mass) memory via the USB Cable provided to the PC.
- Copy the downloaded ROM pa_p6800-2.20-11OCT.2012-182400.zip and Google Apps Package files in the root of the MicroSD Card.Don’t copy these Files in any Folder. If not done So, the CWM will not detect any *.zip files.
- Just Turn OFF the Phone.
- Next step is to Boot in the Bootloader mode. Know How >? Turn on the Handset while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
- In ClockworkMod recovery, for ease of Installation select the option wipe data first. Select the option “flash zip from SD card” and press Power button to confirm it.
- Press the power button and “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Select the downloaded file pa_p6800-2.20-11OCT.2012-182400.zip using the volume Keys confirm it using the Power button. Just acknowledge the Installation at the Next Step.
- Just after the Installation process is complete go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the Handset “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
- Note : Same process Applies in the Google Apps Package
That’s it Your Tab has been update to the Android 4.1.2 Build KZO54K Firmware.