Official Android Update for the Galaxy Ace DUOS. This set has been updated to the Official Android 2.3.6 Update. Galaxy Ace DUOS was shipped with the Android 2.3 Ginger Bread. Samsung has released this official Update. You can also Install this Update via Kies and can even flash with the Help of the ODIN. After flashing this ROM you will have to re-root the device, because this is the official Firmware. You can also use this ROM to unroot the device and can even restore your handset the Factory Settings.
Its always advised to make the backup of your current Data.
Disclaimer Pop: All the tools, MOD’s or ROM’s described below belong to their respected owners/developers. We (trickytweaks.com) are just representing the method in a Pre-described and in a Better way so that you can Integrate this Update Method in your device easily. We are not forcing you to do this.
Android 2.3.6 XXLD8 Firmware Details:
Regions: India Only and if you imported your set via eBay or amazon then too you can flash this update. For other regions we have not tried to update them.
Do make sure you have the correct drivers Installed of the Samsung Galaxy Ace DUOS GT-S6802 Download It. If you have the Samsung KIES installed then there is no need to Install the drivers as KIES will do this task for you.
OK step from drivers. Make sure you have the USB debugging enabled.
- OK now make sure that your phone is fully charged. And do Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Ace DUOS GT-S6802 and make connect it with the computer. How to Check Android Battery Percentage
- After checking the Battery Status, the next Step is Make The Data Backup of the Device
- Backup your Messages . Know How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google. Know How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup The Call Log Details Know How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. Know How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
3. You need to enable the USB Debugging Mode and this can be done by
- Scroll down and tap “Developer options”.
- Now check “USB debugging” from there
4. Backup can also be created from the Samsung KIES, But the above mentioned steps are more easy to Understand.
How to Install ODDLI3 Android 2.3.6 Latest Official Firmware
You Must have the Unlocked phone to flash this Firmware, If you are on any unlocker then do not perform this operation, the phone must be factory Unlocked.
Points to Remember:
- Do not perform the flashing operation on the other variants of Galaxy Ace DUOS GT-S6802
- The Flashing procedure of Verizon and Sprint Galaxy Series is different, do not relate this method with them.
- Galaxy GT-S6802 ODDLI3is a FINAL firmware, with all the functionality you can even unroot your device.
- Do not forget to make the Data Backup, INSTRUCTIONS included.
ODIN Instructions has been Updated with Screen-shot. If you Still face any problem Regarding ODIN then do leave your comment
Step-wise Installing Instructions :
- Download Android 2.3.6 ODDLI3 Official Firmware Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Ace Series and Make a local copy at your Desktop or Drive
- Download ODIN v1.85 This will help you to flash the Firmware files.
- Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. Know How?
- This can be done by Pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
- If you have Previously Installed the Samsung Kies then the Drivers of Samsung Galaxy Ace DUOS GT-S6802 will be automatically Installed. If the Drivers are not Installed then install them Manually or via Samsung Kies.
- Execute the ODIN and connect the phone in the Download Mode.
- If you have successfully connected the phone then ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This process is bit sluggish in nature and will take sometime.
After extracting the *.zip file, if you one Only One *.tar.md5 then Check only on the PDA section and flash it.
- After identifying the Port Number It will ask you the list of files to be flashed.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Leave the Step, if there is no particular File of this type.
- In ODIN, Mark the Auto-reboot option, and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option only in that case when you have used the *.PIT files
- After this Click on the START button, ODIN will now start the Flashing process and after the Flashing process the phone will restart, this will take some time, don’t be panic.
- After restarting, the phone will show the Home Menu after a little span of time. Disconnect the Cable from the Handset now and then again switch it off.
- Now in the recovery mode. Switch ON the Phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- And by Browsing the Menu Select the Data/wipe Factory Data.
- Your System will reboot now.
After Installing this Official Firmware Update ODDLI3 on your device, you will loose access to the Rooted Applications and for gaining the Super User Access you have to re-root the device.
Your Galaxy ACE DUOS GT-S6802 has now been updated to Android 2.3.6 build ODDLI3 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.