Intel released the Official ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) Update for the Xolo X900. We have previously Updated the Instructions for Installing this Update Manually but at that time we were not UP with the Rooting Instructions. Developers have not put their Hands in Rooting this Phone so its customization was limited to the Members. Thanks to the Members of the forum that they have successfully rooted the Handset without any software glitches.
Disclaimer Pop: All the tools, MOD’s or ROM’s described below belong to their respected owners/developers. We (trickytweaks.com) are just representing the method in a Pre-described and in a Better way so that you can Integrate this Update Method in your device easily. We are not forcing you to do this.
You Must be Ready with the Following :
- You Must be On the ICS Firmware >? How to Install ICS on Xolo X900
- Intel USB driver for Windows This driver is only for Windows XP and Windows 7, don’t Install it on Windows 8.
- Root Package
How to Root Intel Xolo X900 ICS Firmware :
Make sure you have Enabled the USB Debugging Mode
- Connect your XOLO, It Must be A Windows PC and you must have the Drivers Installed.
- After connecting your Handset, now extract the downloaded (Root Package) and in that Folder you will find the RUNME.BAT file, Just execute it.
- Enter 1 in the Make Choice Column, as shown in the Pic.
- A Windows will appear on the phone screen for the Full restore option, Just confirm it and Select Restore my Data.
Your Data will NOT be Wiped, i.e. you will not loose any of your Data.
You are done, the device will be automatically reboot. Your Screen will flash on the second reboot, don’t panic its Just a Normal Process. After that you can gain access to the Rooted Applications, that requires root.
Now you can also verify via the Root Checker. Just download that application from the Google Market. I am Just displaying you the screenshot of the Root Checker.
You all will be happy thinking that your XOLO is rooted. Le me tell you the drawback of this handset, you have successfully Rooted the Xolo X900 and will be gaining all the access to Applications in the Google Market, But the bad side is that you can not Install the MOD ROM’S Like Cyanogen AOKP and All. This Intel device does not Support this.
You have to wait for the Official release of the Jelly Bean which will be rolled out in the Next Month i.e December. If you are still on the Stock Firmware, Then Is time to Update your Handset to the Official ICS, Just follow the Link. One more think you can only root if you are on the ICS firmware.