CWM or clockworkmod recovery is the inbuilt feature in the Android which is used to Install the Custom ROM’s. Sometime this hidden feature is locked by the Service Provider or by the device Manufacturer.
Clockworkmod recovery can be used to flash the many Custom ROM’s including the Official OTA Sometimes. There are many options which will provide you an ease in installing the Custom ROM. ”Install ZIP from SD Card” allows you to select the Custom ROM file and flash it. There are many other options and will be explained in the tutorial :
Installing Custom ROM via ClockworkMod Recovery :
Installing the Custom ROM in your device needs the SuperUser Access and must be Installed with the ClockworkMod Recovery . Rooted device can easily lash the Custom ROM. and on the other Side if the device is not Rooted then you cannot flash the Custom ROM’S.
- At First you Must have the Correct Drivers
example : Samsung Needs the Gadget Serial Drivers.
Android USB Drivers
- You Must have the complete BACKUP of the Data
How to Make Backup of SMS and MMS
- Backup Contacts stored in Phone Memory/SIM Card
How to Make Backup of Contacts
- Must have the 80-85% Charged battery failure to do so will result in the Bricked Handset.
How to Checkup the Android Battery Percentage
- USB Debugging Mode Must be enabled
How to Enable USB debugging Mode
- Must have the complete Backup of the SD Card and Miscellaneous Settings
How to Backup the Data OF SD-card and other.
How to Install the Custom ROM from ClockworkMod Recovery :
- Download the Custom ROM and save it. Now rename that file for the further use. Just rename that file with the NAME of the Custom ROM.
- GAPPS is also required as most of the Custom ROM does not have the GAPPS Installed.
- Mount or connect the Handset via USB Cable and it will automatically Mount the USB Memory >> Copy the Both ROM and GAPPS file in the Root of the Memory Card
Root Means : %Memory Card%/Custom ROM files
Do not copy the files in any specified folder
- After transferring the File Now Switch off the phone and boot in the Recovery Mode.
Press and Hold the Volume Down Button and press the Power Button
Combination can be different depending on the Handset.
- After entering in the Download Mode or Recovery Mode use the following buttons
Volume Buttons : Navigation
Power Button : Action
If you are new in the flashing world then make sure you have the NANDROID Backup for your device.
Just select the option Make a NANDROID Backup and save that file in PC.
- Select the option WIPE this will erase all the user Data except the one in the Memory Card.
- Next is to Install the Custom ROM
Select the OPTION “Install *.ZIP from SD Card”
Choose *.zip from SD Card
And select the downloaded file and for Confirmation select the Yes Option.
- The Installation will begin and will finish in 2-3 minutes and do repeat the Same Procedure for Installing the GAPPS Package.
- As the Installation finishes Just select the Option Reboot System Now. It will reboot the system